This course is in abeyance due to the rebuild of Delta Community Garden.
Learn how to create your own garden paradise
This course is two hours a week for eight weeks, from 6 - 8 pm. It is held at Delta Community House, 105 North Avon Rd. It provides in depth skills and training for beginner vegetable gardeners. Each two hour session is a mixture of hands on training in a garden and the theory behind growing organically.
The method used during this course is designed to be the easiest, simplest and most cost effective way you can grow healthy organic vegetables. At the end of the course you will be able to grow vegetables in your own garden.
You will discover how to
- Design your garden in a way that suits both you and the plants you wish to grow
- Grow vegetables in the space and time that you have available
- Find all the free, cheap and best ways of growing and propagating fruit and vegetables - without handing over wads of cash!
- Discover the rich world of soil
- Distinguish between a healthy and an unhealthy plant, and discover simple plant remedies
- Turn your weeds and vegie scraps into plant food for free
- Prepare the soil using the best technique for you
- Sow seeds, transplant seedlings, water, and harvest
The Simple Organic Gardening Course is held in small groups at Delta Community Garden, 105 North Avon Rd, Richmond.
$120 for eight two-hour sessions.
Upcoming course dates
Phone: (03) 942 6840
Cell: 022 699 4143
I loved the course, found it really inspiring and got out into my garden straight away!Hannah
I liked the hands-on planting and demo of how to dig. The composting info was so useful!Margaret
I am happy to say that I was encouraged as a complete beginner… A small area by the back door now has some sweet corn growing together with some tomato plants and lettuces.Heather